Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Captains log

Day three on operation Raw Cleanse and I honestly don't have much to say about it. I feel great! So great I almost feel like I'm doing something wrong, but I'm totally not!

I'm a little envious of all the wonderful recipes I'm seeing other cleansers come up with, but my only reason for not being able to partake in such luxuries is that I've cut out all added oils and salts as well. Plus I really need to go shopping! I'm already out of all the cool stuff, I ate it first.

So my diet is pretty bland aside from a ginger or garlic kick here and there but I'm really learning to appreciate food in it's natural flavor state. I'm also drinking a lot of fresh juices wich are always very flavorful.

Today I started with a kale, carrot, apple, celery, lemon juice for breakfast after my coffee and I followed it with a big glass of water later in the morning.

I had some buckwheat hummus I made yesterday for lunch.
~~ Really simple! I just food processed some buckwheat I soaked over night  with half an avocado, a clove of garlic, some sweet red peppers, lemon juice and celery... zapped it all in the processor and I've been grazing on it since yesterday. A bit bland for the lack of oil and salt but satisfying for sure!~~

I've also sprouted some buckwheat , which took ONE DAY to sprout! I love that I can have a living food like that so quickly! Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but I'm happy to have it! Even if I just eat it alone it's a nutrient packed living food! Can't go wrong there!

I've been snacking on nuts and seeds all day which is probably what keeps me from being hungry... I pretty much never feel hungry. I eat more-so out of boredom it seems.

I went to the gym and I've cut my normal 30 mins of cardio and 30 mins of circuit training down to a total of 45 minutes and backed off my normal intensity a bit. I'm concerned that my lack of significant protein intake may make a harder workout more difficult for my body to recover from.

Yesterday in addition to 30 minutes of cardio I got to play with a whole bunch of kids at a Children's Drum Circle that I organized to celebrate the first day of spring... the dancing and festivities were so energizing! For sure a great day for physical activities!
This picture sums up yesterday quite well!

Today is lame, almost as lame as this blog post! I'm going to bed now and it's 11:00 so I should get some good sleep... I just had another big glass of fruit and veggie juice and my dog ran past me with a diaper in his mouth so seems like as good of a time as any to end this incredibly boring blog post

No comments:

Post a Comment