Thursday, March 15, 2012

The ten day cleanse

t-minus 3 days

I've had several people asking me what exactly I mean when I say I'm going to be eating nothing but raw foods for ten days.

What's a raw food?
A raw food is a food in it's original state. A food that's had zero processing beyond harvest.

-RawVegetables
-RawFruits
-Raw Honey
-Raw Nuts
-Raw oats
- And thank the Gods for the inclusion of Raw fish! Sashimi! (No sushi though, Rice isn't raw)
This isn't something I'll be having every day though, but I'll be sure to treat myself at least once... twice, we'll say twice.

That's pretty much it! The beauty of this is there's so much that can be done with what's listed here. It may seem like a short list but the possibilities are endless thanks to a couple of key components...

Nuts, Oats and Honey, to me, are the three options that bring this adventure to a tolerable level.

With nuts, oats and honey you get milks and smoothies and cereal bars and granola and most importantly sweet tooth satiation!

I happen to have a terribly bossy sweet tooth myself. It's genetic.

Just tonight  my dad stopped by with a bag of take out sushi and a Dove dark chocolate bar, I think his diet senses were tingling and he felt compelled to provide me with two of my very favorite foods. He IS the provider of all things tasty after all. I warned him of my impending cleanse before he left and I can almost count on him being the provider of my extra special sashimi treats. He's just good like that.

So over the next couple of days , as I prepare for this ten days of nutrient utopia, I'll be posting recipes and ideas and sharing the blogs of the other ladies who are involved! I'm quite excited!

Food is just THAT important to me that I'm actually excited about this cleanse as both a well being boost and a learning experience.

2 comments:

  1. I would live to do this. I don't have the willpower

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would love to do this, i wonder if its safe to do while breastfeeding. i shall find out!

    ReplyDelete