Monday, March 19, 2012

Raw Almond not Tuna Salad

I've been playing around with what to do with all of this almond pulp I have left over from making Almond Milk and I came up with a great, light and fresh tuna salad style dish!

I used:
 1 cup fresh almond pulp (milked this morning)
1/2 small hass avocado
juice of one lemon
2-3 tbsp almond milk
1/4 cup chopped celery
handful halved grape tomatoes

First you have to make the avocado mayo!
I found a recipe online for this, but I'm choosing not to use any additional oils in my foods for now and this recipe calls for cold pressed olive oil, which I'm sure, after a nice whirrr in the blender makes for a very smooth and creamy "mayo". I'm using almond milk instead and it's come out quite nice!

Take your peeled half avocado , lemon juice and almond milk and mix until smooth.
No real need to use the blender unless you're using the oil instead of the almond milk.

combine the almond pulp and veggies in a separate bowl and fold in your avocado mixture.

if your finished product is too dry for your liking, add a bit more almond milks. Not a lot!

 Again, bad photo, camera will e back up and running soon!

I served mine on a bed of mixed greens. It's a nice, fresh and filling lunch or snack! Double the recipe to make more but go easy on the lemon juice or you'll end up with a very tart dish!






1 comment: