Sunday, March 18, 2012

Twas the night before ...

Tomorrow is the day!

My camera has dead batteries so for now my photos will be phone pics, sorry for the downgrade, but it works

I've chopped, rinsed, stored away and prepared all of my gobs of food. I'm still trying to decide what to do with 25 pounds of carrots though, I have NO room left in my fridge. The top shelf contains food for my daughter, her cream cheese and pasta sauces *sigh* . She's prepared to do most of her own cooking, but at the same time I really don't mind making her food separately. I need to be OK with this sort of thing. I need to not pick and snack at my kids foods anymore anyway!
(thats a trash bag full of lemons and granny smiths on the bottom next to a mountain of celery, under gobs of lactinato kale, beets and cucumbers. In my fruit basket I have a ton of bananas, oranges, more apples and avocados plus sweet red peppers and tomatoes)

I've stored and packed raw seeds and nuts and I have some almonds soaking for the morning.
I've made a beautiful tray of cut up, bite sized fruits and veggies and I sliced a whole mess of lemons to be readily available. Having easy access to snack-ons and lemon for my water will make it more likely to happen!
I really hope to come out of this with a new habit of prepping all of my produce the minute I bring it home. I have a terrible history of things getting shoved to the back of my fridge, never to be seen again in their normal form. Black slurry's of half rotted goo and unrecognizable dried bits are re-discovered some time later. No more!

My juicer, blender, cutting board and hand juicer are set and ready to go! Pictured here with my soaking almonds, a bit of fresh aloe I plan on using in my morning smoothie, and my farewell glass of wine... last bit of alcohol for TEN DAYS! Ay dios mio...

To me, this cleanse not only represents my desire to re-boot my body and give it a much deserved clean slate, but also a re-boot of how I approach the food in my home. I want to respect it more and really take time to care for it properly. I will remind myself every day, before every bite, that I'm rich. I'm completely wealthy in food!

I will appreciate what I HAVE instead of complain about what I DON'T have.

I'm not a complainer to begin with when it comes to not having "stuff", but I have a desire to put forth significant effort to be TRULY grateful for what I have day to day especially pertaining to family and food... the two most important things in my life.

... this cleanse is for ME, I'm doing this for MYSELF ... and I deserve this!

There are two more blogs going on for this very same cleanse! Totally worth a read, there's a LOT to be learned from all of the different takes and different approaches to a venture like this!

Check them out!
RAWdiculous 
and
In search of balance (I totally covet her awesome jar set up)

No comments:

Post a Comment